Zero Waste Station Facilitator
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
The Farmers Market and Zero Waste Action Team is looking for an energetic individual who would love to share their passion for reducing waste by inspiring others to do the same thru demonstrations, education and more. This is a part time contract position, 1 day per week, starting May 21, 2016 and ending October 08, 2016.
The focus of the station will be to educate the public on how to reduce the amount of material they send to the landfill and maximize the amount going to recycling and composting. This will also include education on the impact waste reduction will have on our community, on our greenhouse gas emissions and on climate change.
The candidate should have demonstrated skills in the following areas:
- Good knowledge about the importance of recycling and composting programs
- Good communication skills – able to initiate one on one conversations with the public
- Willing to work with messy organics in a safe and healthy manner
- Able to take initiative – adapt to needs or requests
- Able to work with limited supervision
What is involved
- Setting up and taking down of the Zero Waste Station at the Farmers’ Market
- Attending the Market each week starting May 21 to Oct 08, 2016 from 10 am to 3pm
- Waste sorting – guiding people to place their materials in the appropriate bin
- Engaging people in conversations about recycling and composting.
- Keeping a record of questions and comments from people. Pass these on to the appropriate people
- Handing out information related to waste and how to avoid human bear conflicts.
- Be familiar with on line resources and share these with interested people.
- Keep the Zero Waste Action Team informed
Report to: Farmers Market Manager
Rate of Pay: $15.00/hr.
Closing Date: Friday April 22, 2016
Address all applications “Zero Waste Station” and email to email@example.com